Monday, September 27, 2010

Reupholstered chair

This was a fun project and I love how it turned out! I found this chair at the thrift store and wanted it for my master bath that we were repainting - the best part is that when I tried to purchase it, my credit card kept crashing their computer so the guy finally gave me 50% off if I paid with cash. Sweet! Only $13 for the chair. Taking the material off was the hardest part - there must have been 500 staples on that thing and I ended up with a bruised hand and cuts all over my fingers from removing it. And the fabric was nasty and covered in pet hair so I was glad to get all of it off. Found some fun leopard fabric, some cording and fringe and gave it a whole new look. My upholstering skills are not the best and had to use a lot of hot glue but I think it came out great and now I have a fun little chair in the bathroom. :) Eventually I'll post some pics of the bathroom re-do but it's not finished - though you can see the fun paint color behind the chair.